PEOPLE is looking for a quick, reliable and talented digital writer-reporter to work closely with our digital News team. The ideal candidate would have experience working in a fast-paced digital environment and has a love of pop culture and entertainment news. PEOPLE is always looking for new, emerging talent and this is a position that has been an incubator for digital staff writing and editing positions in the past.
- Must be willing to work weekend shifts (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be familiar with the PEOPLE.com voice and style and comfortable writing in that voice.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with quick deadlines
- Must be able to work in a digital CMS (we use WordPress) and experience with all major social media outlets, including Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and Facebook
- Must be a pop culture and celebrity news fanatic but also able to seamlessly transition to human interest, political or crime stories when needed.
- Must have some reporting experience, be it on the red carpet or calling cops for a breaking news story.
- Can work remotely from home or in our N.Y.C. office