Working from home, editor will create and coordinate content for Orange County’s leading monthly magazine and its website and arrange entertainment for events. Some local travel required.
Plan and assign editorial to freelance writers, write departments and features, copy edit, research and gather photos, coordinate original photography, Oversee social media editor and calendar editor. Work closely with art director to package each issue. Write snappy headlines and captions.
Qualifications and Skills
• B.A. in Journalism or Communications or related discipline preferred
• Strong writing and reporting skills honed by experience working for magazines or newspapers
• Great on the phone, even better in person
• Knowledge of OC’s top family destinations, and experienced in child-rearing.
• Proficiency in In-Design preferred