Oyster.com, a hotel research website providing expert reviews and photos, is expanding and we are looking for a freelance writer-photographer in New York City or Miami to join our team.
Who You Are
- A professional writer with a minimum of two years of writing experience, for either print or web (web experience preferred)
- An amateur or professional photographer — you love taking pictures and have an understanding of photography (Make sure to give us background on this in your cover, and let us know what camera you have — though no worries if you don’t have professional gear)
- Able to maintain a publication’s established voice and style
- Flexible schedule-wise; available for work trips in your region and around the world
- Good at working independently
- Able to work efficiently without sacrificing quality
- Able to adapt quickly to new CMS
- Someone with clips! Please make sure to include a link to your personal website, links to your articles online, or a few PDFs.
What You’ll Do
- Travel! You will visit hotels around the world for Oyster
- Write detailed, thoughtful hotel reviews for Oyster.com
- Photograph each hotel extensively, according to Oyster guidelines
- Organize and folder all images you take
- Master the Oyster voice and writing style
- Turn out work quickly; you are able to meet aggressive deadlines
- Bonus points if you’ve traveled extensively and stayed in a ton of hotels, but it’s not required
Please submit both a cover letter and resume. Feel free to also include a link to clips or a personal website.