Odyssey is looking for Freelance Staff Writers to write for Places.Travel, a new hyper-local travel website that helps present-day travelers “travel more like a local” by sharing the first-hand experiences and itineraries of other travelers.
This gig is ideal for writers who are heavily devoted to their communities and can share their own travel experiences and observations with a global audience of travel enthusiasts.
Successful candidates will contribute detailed reports about: 1) places they’ve traveled to; 2) the details of the trip; 3) the best way to travel; 4) the amount of money they spent; 5) etc. Writers will submit at least two articles weekly.
- Well-versed in English writing, especially in narrative and/or visual form.
- A frequent traveler who recognizes the concerns and needs of other travelers.
- An expert in a niche to convey local-level knowledge to an area that would engage contemporary travelers.
- Proficient in using WordPress.
- Experience as a travel blogger or trip planner (preferred).
Compensation: to be discussed with qualified candidates.