New York Media (est. 1968), publisher of the biweekly lifestyle magazine and NYmag.com website, is hiring a Freelance Social Media Editor to draw in readers to New York Media’s stories across all editorial verticals during weekend hours.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute numerous posts across multiple social media networks during weekend hours, starting at 9am EST.
- Track social media for breaking news stories.
- Live-tweet and/or report on cultural and news events as delegated.
- Guide and assist writers to expedite contributions in social media.
- Help establish and develop best practices that appeal to a weekend social audience.
- Stay abreast of changes updated to social media channels, and how that could influence the company’s ongoing strategy.
- Use website and social analytics to construct data-informed decisions.
- Monitor trends via real-time reporting and assess ways for the company to utilize current topics of interest to maximize audience reach and engagement.
- Stay current of significant industry standards and evaluate the company’s performance on a continual basis.
Candidate must have at least 1-2 years of social media and digital publishing experience.
Compensation: to be discussed with qualified candidates.