To attract readers to New York Media’s stories across all verticals during evening hours.
- Contribute a high volume of posts across multiple social media platforms during evening hours, starting at 8pm ET, ending at 2am.
- Monitor social media for breaking news stories, working closely with writers as needed.
- Live-tweet and/or cover cultural and news events as assigned.
- Provide guidance and support to the writers to facilitate contributions in social media.
- Help identify and develop best practices that apply to a weekend social audience.
- Stay up-to-date on changes made to social media platforms, and how that might affect the company’s strategy moving forward. Use website and social analytics to make data-informed decisions.
- Monitor trends via real-time reporting and identify ways for the company to leverage current topics of interest to increase reach and engagement.
- Stay abreast of relevant industry benchmarks and assess the company’s relative performance on an ongoing basis. Identify gaps and areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Expert knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr and Reddit required.
- 1-2 years of experience developing and executing social media strategies
- Experience generating content for social media is critical.
- Background in publishing, ideally in editorial or public relations roles at news media companies.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills. Editorial sensibilities that align with New York’s voice, tone, and editorial POV.
- Knowledge of industry and competitors in the space.
- Substantial experience with social media and CMS enterprise such as SocialFlow, Bit.ly, Twitter
- Analytics, and Facebook Insights.