We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join New Context, acting as a Freelance Technical Writer. This role will handle written technical content for our projects with Clients. The successful candidate will have a strong high level understanding of Software Engineering, Product Development and Security Practices. Assignments will need to be delivered in a timely fashion to meet deadlines, written in a clear cohesive matter coupled with unique insights on best approaches to communication of technical eccentricities.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit technical procedures, manuals and stories.
- Work closely with product development and engineering teams to understand scope of written work and collaborate on edits as needed in a timely fashion. Our company lives Agile and your work must happen in an iterative fashion with short feedback loops.
- Some of your work may be about describing moderately technical topics. You will need the ability and desire to research on your own to get up to speed on technologies, terminology and tools. You should be comfortable working by yourself and with groups. Not every exact tactical task will be lined up in front of you and you’ll need to determine what are the next tasks to complete for the project.
- Most of output will be in electronic format, but it’s helpful if you also understand what’s needed for hard copy output.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature