Nelson Education Ltd. is Canada’s leading educational publisher, providing innovative products and solutions for learners of all ages. Nelson values and respects the lifelong learning continuum and dedicates its business efforts to the diverse learning needs of students and educators alike.
As a Content Editor you will work closely with authors and Content Managers to develop quality content, for both print and digital products. Working in consultation with authors and based on advisor and reviewer feedback, you will edit or rewrite as required throughout the content development process in order to produce a quality product that delivers on the product vision.
As a freelance content editor you will work from your home office, corresponding with Nelson staff and authors via phone and email. The ability to attend meetings or work some hours at the Nelson office is an asset but is not required. Hours will vary per week depending on the work stage, but can range from 10-30 hours per week.
Start date: March 2017 with immediate need for March – May, with potential to be ongoing for next 12-18 months.
[expand title=”Read More”]
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in consultation with author/s and Content Manager to edit content including substantive and stylistic editing
- Check each draft for fit against approved outlines, instructional design, and curriculum, and suggest improvements; revise and rewrite content as necessary.
- Check each draft for length, accuracy, logical flow, writing style, and reading level and suggest improvements; revise and rewrite content as necessary.
- Assess all reviewer comments and work with author and Content Manager to address any issues or concerns
- Provide all necessary details for art and photo manuscripts
- Conduct final edit, prepare content for transmittal, and review copy edit
- Check first and subsequent pages as required through the production process
- Participate in project meetings and update Content Manager regularly on content status, alerting them to any issues that might require their assistance.
- Ensure that manuscript and passes are developing according to established timelines and keep Content Manager informed