Nearpod is an award-winning education technology company empowering teachers to create learning experiences that engage and inspire students.
As a Content Writer, your primary focus will be to create engaging digital content for a specific grade range and subject area within our K-12 audience. You will write content that maximizes Nearpod’s interactive features to engage students as teachers facilitate instruction. Content topics will be based on national standards and will focus on core subject areas along with topics such as Life Skills, Socio-Emotional Learning, and other 21st century themes.
In order for your application to be complete, we ask that you please submit two lesson plan samples by uploading files or including links.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and create engaging ready-to-teach lessons for a K-12 supplemental content offering
- Collaborate with Learning Experience Designers to define and execute digital content production projects
- Provide suggestions and formal proposals to improve digital content design
- Correlate lessons to common-core and NGSS standards
- Deliver projects on-time and within budget and scope
- Teaching certification or Master’s degree required from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum of 4 years teaching in K-12 required
- Ideally available to work 10-20 hours/week; at least 20 hours a month required
- Strong familiarity with academic standards
- Ensuring educational deliverables meet learning objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in pedagogy and instructional design
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Incredible precision, attention to detail, and organization skills
- Excellent writing skills
- A passion for bringing technology into the classroom as well as a desire to learn about education technology and curriculum trends
- Ability to work independently and be responsible for meeting goals
- Energetic, with a strong work ethic, and excellent track record of success