Museum Hack is hiring freelance writers who love telling engaging stories. We lead unconventional tours of the world’s best museums and are looking to share awesome content with more people through our blog.
This isn’t your average blogging job – while we care about SEO, we’re more concerned with writing stories that truly entertain and inform, like the history of the world’s greatest female pirate or the weird mechanics of dinosaur sex.
To that end, we’re seeking writers that have a unique voice and passion for the crazy, weird, and mind-blowing stories in the following content areas:
You’ll work with our Content Lead to pitch, write, and edit world-class content. Help turn Museum Hack into a household name!
We’re looking for freelance writers to contribute 2 articles per week.
$100 per article with the expectation of 2 articles per week.
- Prior published writing experience helpful, but not required. We’re more concerned about finding voice and content expertise that fits with our brand.
- Proven ability to research complex topics.
- Availability to write and edit two blog posts per week (1000-3000 words each).
- Strong communication skills.
- Passion for the arts, culture, and institutions we work with.
- Willingness to work with our editing team to get content ready to be published. You won’t just be submitting work to an email address – you’ll be expected to work with our Content Lead to make changes to make your work exceptional.
Museum Hack hosts hundreds of tours every year at museums in cities across the U.S. Our tour types include public, private and company team building.