Moment is an e-commerce business with a popular mobile photography publication called the Momentist. The Momentist chronicles the people who are shaping mobile photography and inspires people to participate in the movement.
Why we need you
The Momentist is growing and we are looking for a great editor who loves photography and understands how to run a publication. The role is a hands-on editing role that combines editing, writing, project management, and shipping articles. This isn’t a content marketing role; it’s a publishing role for someone that wants to impact tens of thousands of readers.
What you will be doing
- Implementing the vision for The Momentist.
- Managing the editorial calendar and working with amazing creatives to develop and ship articles.
- Leading the weekly pitch meeting for new stories.
- Contributing your own stories to the Momentist on a weekly basis. Editing articles submitted.
- Using data to understand what readers like and where they come from.
- Being responsible for publishing stories and creating the social copy to be shared across Email, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Being a part of the Moment Content team, which shares in handling all of our customer support emails. Everyone at Moment works with the customer, but the content team is responsible for leading the quality of our service.
- Always trying to improve. Reading relevant publications and sharing learnings within the team.