Moment is an e-commerce business with a popular mobile photography publication called The Momentist. The Momentist chronicles the people who are shaping mobile photography and inspires people to participate in the movement.
Why we need you
Our team is growing quickly and we are looking for a great writer who also loves photography that can help us take The Momentist to the next level. The role is a combined writing, editing, and project management role to help us ship better and better stories on The Momentist. We’re looking for a dependable self-starter with skills overlapping the following areas: creative writing, copywriting, editing, and project management. We would love your help to grow The Momentist from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of readers.
What you will be doing
- Writing and producing stories for The Momentist on a weekly basis.
- Editing external and internal submissions, including social copy to share the stories online.
- Writing and editing the weekly Momentist email that goes out to tens of thousands of readers.
- Publishing every story and managing the Momentist schedule to ensure the team ships at least one story per day.
- Participate in weekly pitch meetings, creating new ideas and concepts for connecting with our community.
- Reviewing metrics on a weekly basis, providing insights to the team about what stories we should cover next.
- Reaching out to creatives and brands who are shaping the future mobile photography to create content collaborations.
- Assist with our social media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube and others.
- Assist the entire Moment team with customer support emails. We believe that since the customer is essential to our success our entire team helps with this. Keep tabs on relevant publications/people and seek resources outside of Moment in order to stay current on trends and continue learning and growing in your field