Seeking freelance writer to take on weekly assignments, write and submit feature articles on the outdoor lifestyle focusing on the business perspective of the industry, including but not limited to outdoor destinations, the latest outdoor gear/camping products, design and manufacturing advances for motorhomes, and new and continuing national and international trends within the RV industry and lifestyle. Must be ale to conduct one-on-one interviews with charismatic outdoor personas and business professionals when needed. Pitches are encouraged, although direct assignments will occasionally be given with specific criteria.
- General knowledge of outdoor recreation industry.
- Attention to detail, authenticity and ability to provide multiple sources for quotable attribution is mandatory.
- Obtain and receive consent to use high-resolution photos to go along with articles (4-6 photos per article).
- Professional and respectable phone demeanor required.
- Length of each article to be between 850 – 1,200 words with a flat rate of $50 per article with approximate 4-7 day turnaround. Style is 3rd person newspaper feature structure and most writers who pass vetting end up writing 1-2 stories per week.