Measured Progress (est. 1983), a non-profit company specializing in standards-based educational testing for grades K-12, offers ongoing employment for Freelance Writers to create test items for extensive, grade-specific assessment courses, productivity exercises, and developmental item banks.
Freelance writers work from home. Payment is on a per-project-basis.
Based on the project’s guidelines, freelance writers craft original multiple-choice, open answer, performance tasks (including educational assessment items) to fit specific syllabus plans.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or Doctorate in subject area (or in Curriculum, Measurement or another suitable specialty).
- Two-plus years of teaching experience attained at the elementary, middle or secondary level.
- Former item writing experience desired–but will provide pedagogical materials and feedback.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Experience with national and/or state syllabus standards including the Common Core (for Math and ELA) and the Next Generation Science Standards, NGSS (for Science).