As a high-tech freelance copywriter for the McLellan Creative Writing Team, you’ll be an essential part of our unique creative group writing original content for some of the largest technology companies in the world. We create enterprise-class content such as web copy, collateral, e-books, articles, white papers and thought leadership for major technology brands, defining the way they sound to their customers and partners, and differentiating them from their competitors.
We are looking for two types of freelance writers:
- High-tech marketing writers: You’re at the top of your game. You’ve written a variety of content assets for global technology and business leaders and you can write good marketing copy for technologies such as cloud, network security and IoT. You’re skilled at helping less technical readers understand how technology can benefit their business. Here are examples of the types of content you’ll need the skills and experience to write:
- Web copy
- White papers
- Video scripts
- Deep technology writers: You’re comfortable talking with system engineers, product marketing managers or data scientists, understand the technologies you’re discussing – like cloud, IoT and AI – and can write excellent copy for a variety of deliverables. Here are examples of the type of content you’ll need the skills and experience to write:
- Technology briefs
- Technology supporting content
- Technology articles
What you’ll do:
- Write copy on deadline using your sharp wit, superb research skills and sophisticated yet highly accessible writing style.
- Deliver content for a wide range of assets such as articles, blogs, web copy, newsletters, case studies, video scripts, collateral, white papers and more.
- Work with a team of top writers, content editors, project managers and proofreaders to deliver enterprise-class copy to some of the world’s most successful technology companies.
Bachelor’s degree. English, communication, journalism or similar preferred. Coursework in technical writing, marketing, computer science and business a plus.