Matific is an international education company that has developed an interactive online math resource for grades K-6.
The entire collection of our content comprises hundreds Episodes – bite-sized mini games, each focusing on one core mathematical concept, skill or insight.
We are looking for an experienced episode guide writer to join our global content team
Your mission will be to create written guides uncovering all aspects of math and pedagogy for each episode. These episode guides are intended to teachers willing to use our content in a classroom.
In order to do so, you will need to align with our pedagogy, which means they should encourage understanding the meaning behind the math objects, concepts and skills, rather than simple memorization of the algorithms.
Your writing style should be academic and concise. Where appropriate, in the episode guide you should go out of grade level math content borders and show connection of the current math concept of the episode with other math concepts on same or/and other levels, including higher school math.
- A broad academic knowledge of math on a higher education level.
- Good experience in teaching elementary school math (K-6).
- Good academic writing style in US English.
- Related experience in program or curriculum planning, training / coaching elementary math teachers etc. – A plus.
- Relevant academic background.
- Willingness to work from home, between 10 and 20 hours per week, on an invoicing basis.