Masters of Scale is an original podcast created by WaitWhat and hosted by the iconic Silicon Valley entrepreneur / investor Reid Hoffman, showing how companies grow from zero to a gazillion.
We’re looking for a writer who is intellectually ambitious, creatively courageous, and passionate about sharing big, provocative ideas through the art of long form storytelling. You’ll work on scripts for Season 2 of our podcast Masters of Scale, combining the story arcs of the guests (iconic entrepreneurs like Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg or NetFlix’s Reed Hastings) with Reid’s surprising and counter-intuitive theories on scale. In addition to being a terrific, versatile writer, with more than a passing interesting in business or technology, you must also love start-up culture, feel energized by team-oriented environments, and have an all-hands-on-deck attitude.
- Write episode scripts, from a gripping cold open to a suspenseful storyline that expertly weaves together narration from the host and clips from the guests
- Pitch additional story elements — whether it’s unexpected guests, original reporting, creative sound design or music — anything that pushes the creative boundaries of the show
- Match the host’s voice and the show’s signature style
- Draft interview questions that draw out the humor, vulnerability and drama of scaling a business
- Listen to interviews, with an ear for fantastic stories, clips and ambient sound. Select quotes from a wide range of interviews and arrange into a compelling episode outline
Pitch and draft creative formats for ads
- Support audience engagement tactics, including show-related newsletters, social media posts, online communities, etc.
- Work with the WaitWhat team to research additional guests and discover the untold stories of iconic entrepreneurs