Marcus Thomas is seeking a freelance proofreader. Overall, this role ensures all agency documents, research papers, PowerPoint presentations and advertising artwork are error-free, compliant with agency standards and meet or exceed client expectations. We know the impossible is possible and we’re seeking candidates who know that too.
• Proofread text, proofs, layouts, Web pages, emails, plans and proposals, newsletters and releases, lengthy research papers and other documents as required
• Indicate errors and required corrections for spelling, punctuation, capitalization, numbers and grammar using traditional proofreaders’ marks
• Use checklists, client style sheets and other tools to catch inconsistencies and verify information such as phone numbers, URLs, product names and trademarks
• Create, update and maintain style guides for both the agency and its clients to be followed by all agency personnel
• Provide proofreading and style training as needed
• Assist with special projects as assigned