A leading Eastside software company is looking for an experienced Technical Editor (remote) to work full time with a diverse team of subject matter experts to create high-quality deliverables which serve as a foundational framework for companies customers and Partners deploying telecommunication application software in their organization.
- Define the voice, style, and templates for content creation, including providing guidance to authors to maintain a consistent tone and writing style, and manage the lifecycle of asset templates.
- Maintain the appropriate balance of aesthetics and utility to enable the delivery of high-quality content and interactions that delight customers through a variety of channels and devices.
- Provide developmental editing to ensure that writers consider the entire end-to-end content experience.
- Analyze and organize complex documentation and communicates recommendations to writing teams.
- Comprehensive editing: review documentation for both content (completeness, accuracy, and appropriate language) and form (organization, visual design, and usability).
- Copyediting: ensure that the document/asset is mechanically correct (spelling, punctuation, and grammar) and stylistically and linguistically consistent across the document set.
- Ensure that the tone is consistent across all documents given the wide range of authors involved in content creation.
- Proofreading: compare the final version of the document with the marked-up version to make sure that all corrections have been made.
- Compliance: ensure that documents/assets meet accessibility requirements and meet the self-publish guidance.
- Manage accessibility compliance by our team for all deliverables, including defining guidelines, goals, checklists, and best practices, including testing and publishing.
- Oversee content compliance, such as copyrights, geopol term issues, fictitious content, and copyrights.
- Develop best practices to increase efficiency in the editing process.
- Identify and participate in customer/partner connection activities to note content issues and drive solutions.
- Project Management: manage multiple workstreams of activity, leveraging different resources, and strict timelines.