Maple Diversity Foundation is looking for a Freelance Content Writer for the website and social media platforms of GETTING YOU STARTED, an initiative and resource for newcomers to Canada.
As a Content Writer, you will be writing informative and article-style pieces, with a particular focus on important ‘know hows’ and ‘to do’s’ including identifying resources for the Getting You Started website.
The ideal candidate will have:
* A background or experience in writing, blogging, or journalism
* Strong research skills
* The ability to write in a style that is easy to read for newcomers to Canada, particularly those with language barriers
* Knowledge of social media best practices
* A strong awareness and knowledge of new immigrants’ barriers when they arrive in Canada
* Experience interacting or working with immigrants or ethnic groups
* Strong knowledge of neighbourhoods, events and happenings in the Greater Toronto Area, including the suburbs
The Freelance Content Writer will work with the Maple Diversity Foundation’s Program Manager.