The Copy Editor position is a part of the Content team, which develops new assessment content at the high school and college level for a variety of disciplines. The Copy Editor is responsible for proofreading content and ensuring that the content meets our products’ unique and exacting style requirements. No subject matter knowledge is needed.
• Ensuring that each assessment item is grammatically correct and contains no typos or other language errors, and that each item meets the stylistic requirements of the product
• Becoming thoroughly familiar with the style guides and manuals that may be applicable to the project, and keeping oneself up-to-date on any changes that may occur
• Keeping detailed documentation of the changes made, and querying the content editors when needed
• Ability to commit at least 15 hours a week (hours variable)
• Experience editing text-based content, preferably in an educational context
• Strong technical background, preferably in web-based solutions
• Possesses strong computer skills, including strong Excel/Google Sheets and Word capabilities, and proven ability to master software systems
• Possesses exemplary written communication skills
• Is adaptable, flexible, fastidious, and collaborative
• Bachelor’s degree is required; English or other language arts degree is preferred.
ESTIMATED START DATE
• As soon as possible.
This is a contracted position; the successful candidate will be employed by Headway Workforce Solutions and will work remotely throughout the US.