Kensington Publishing is seeking experienced freelance copy-editors and proofreaders for Lyrical Press, their e-book original imprint. Duties will include copy-editing and/or proofreading novella-length and full-length fiction projects in multiple genres, including romances of all kinds, women’s fiction, mysteries and thrillers, as well as drafting style sheets for all projects.
- Minimum of one year’s experience proofreading and/or copy-editing commercial fiction
- Proficiency using The Chicago Manual of Style standards
- Strong fact-checking and research skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word (especially Track Changes Mode), Excel and Google Docs
- Ability and availability to meet and manage multiple production deadlines and projects