LawNewz.com is looking for a Content Coordinator to add to our team. This new role would begin as an hourly, freelance position and focus on picking, formatting, inputting, and copy editing LawNewz articles. Sound news judgement is key. Duties would also include developing posts for social media and helping to coordinate logistics for trials.
If you think you have what it takes and want to impact the news cycle, then we want to talk to you!
- Experience editing
- Familiarity with WordPress
- A jack-of-all-trades type attitude
- A serious passion for the world of law and crime, including an understanding of the judicial system
- Be able to thrive under pressure, and excel when stress levels are at their highest. Experience working in fast-paced, breaking news environment is a plus
- Possess a clear understanding of how Facebook, Twitter, user-generated content, and viral videos shape the news cycle
- Have strong news judgment and an eye for under reported content and ideas. Can you find the nugget of interest that no one else has discovered?
- Have strong organizational skills