Krurapp communications, a publisher of full-color magazines serving law enforcement, needs help NOW to meet the challenges of its growing editorial operations. If you are an ambitious candidate interested in generating content for a print and digital platform that is a hybrid of People Magazine, Wired and Complex, send us your resume and work samples ASAP.
The ideal candidate is bright, self-directed, confident, self-motivated, full of creative initiative and will have the opportunity to:
- Report and write editorial content for magazines and related projects.
- Develop ideas, report and write stories about issues that can make a difference for public servants.
- Write everything from blogs to press releases to magazine cover stories: Snappy 200-word hits to 2,000-word narratives.
- Cover events in the Chicagoland area and throughout Illinois.
- Journalism degree
- Minimum five years experience with daily or weekly newspaper or magazine, print and digital
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent writing, editing and computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Impeccable command of AP Style
- Interviewing skills to find the detail that makes great stories.
- Desire to develop creative initiative and writing approaches
- Insatiable work ethic that facilitates putting the same effort into the big assignments and the little details
- Reliability to make deadline
This is a freelance position. Compensation can include contract or monthly retainer. Ideal candidate should be located in Illinois with the ability to cover local events in Chicago and throughout the state.