Gizmodo Media Group is seeking a part-time Freelance Writer/Editor to work weekends for Kotaku.com (est. 2004), a news and opinion website covering video games, the gaming culture, and all things that interest serious gamers.
This work-from-home job is ideal for a passionate gamer and excellent communicator to cover a diverse spectrum of games and write and report about them for a large fanbase.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Writing about the games themselves and the people who play them.
- Identifying important stories no one else is covering and writing the critiques that no one else has made.
- Blending original stories with newsworthy posts about the most significant or exciting trends that others are covering online.
As Kotaku’s exclusive editorial contributor on the weekends, Candidate must:
- Be an ambitious, bold writer who loves video games.
- Have the ability to work well independently and autonomously.
- Know how to use online publishing tools, including how to edit images and add text.
- Source comments from someone you might be covering.
This is a remote, freelance position.
Compensation: to be discussed with qualified candidates.