Joy of Android is looking for a feature writer to produce several pieces of epic content a month. These pieces will be long form (2000 words or more), evergreen, highly researched and highly relevant to our audience. Initially you’ll be assigned article topics, but the right candidate will be able to both run with assigned ideas and pitch new pieces that will engage our audience and drive traffic to our site. The feature writer will be expected to work closely with the Digital Editor at Joy of Android and be up to working collaboratively with other departments to create engaging content.
- Create high quality, well written, long form articles
- Deliver several (eventually up to 4) articles a month
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Can use Google Docs and other Google Suite products
- Able to deftly add keywords into posts
- Take feedback professionally and incorporate it in future work
- Understanding the value of headlines, and headline testing
- Desired but not required: Familiarity with Trello
- Have an understanding of the Android space, applications and platforms
- Have long form/feature writing experience and a portfolio to support it
- Can describe why long form content is important and what its value is
- Have some familiarity with testing content and headlines
At Joy of Android, we believe that the right choice of technology can significantly improve the quality of our lives. That’s why we produce compelling and informative content aimed to help people use technology better, and even change their lives through the advice, help and features on our site.