The JDCA is looking for an Investigative Journalist to conduct a review, investigation and report on a strategic topic and circumstances of interest to our mission. Specifically, we are interested in having a Journalist investigate a type 1 diabetes research program in Amman, Jordan. The research program website is: http://www.stemcellsarabia.net
In 2015, Stem Cell Arabia completed a four-person pilot study of patients who had established T1D for more than three years. The lead researcher claims that three out of four patients achieved insulin independence and the fourth was able to significantly reduce the amount of external insulin she required.
We would like to track down those four patients and verify the results above.
This freelance role will:
- Familiarize yourself with the background of this particular research project
- Track down subject matter participants (international scope) and interview and investigate to definitive resolution
- Establish findings and prepare story/report
- Degree in Journalism, English from reputable university with high G.P.A. or work experience demonstrating 2-5 years of investigative journalist experience
- Knowledge or experience with medical/biological subject matters
- Independent, resourceful and self-sustained professional
- Ability to ask and pursue relevant questions to a logical and corroborated outcome
- Religious conviction to getting to an understanding and truth of a situation/story