IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 6 million students worldwide, is seeking creative, motivated Content Writers to join our content development team. In this role, you will work closely with product analysts and content editors to write elegantly crafted language arts items for grades two through twelve, with an emphasis on middle and high school content.
IXL’s new language arts component helps students master grammar, mechanics, and vocabulary like never before. Students will see their abilities soar as they interact with engaging texts, correct usage errors, and decode new words in a variety of contexts.
Engaging language arts questions require engaging language–and that’s where you come in.
This is a remote, contract position.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Write sentences and paragraphs for use in a wide variety of problem types, including fill-in-the-blank, sentence editing, and multiple choice
- Brainstorm topics to create engaging, varied, age-appropriate sentences and paragraphs
- Meet writing specifications and requirements with ingenuity and thoughtfulness
- Adhere to The Chicago Manual of Style and in-house style guide
- Format content according to guidelines
- Accept and implement feedback