Investopedia.com (est. 1999), a leading financial education website, is hiring a Freelance Digital Editor to update and improve the site’s content.
The candidate will use his or her remarkable copy editing and writing skills to:
- Rewrite existing content so that information is relevant and useful for today’s readers, offering practical contextual examples and up-to-date statistics and analysis.
- Merge content from an assortment of articles to produce an all-encompassing standalone piece.
- Optimize articles with varied high-ranking keywords.
- Create articles that are as good as–and ideally better–than articles on competing websites.
- Lengthen and strengthen an article by including text that maximizes depth, quality and originality.
- Ensure the article fully answers the user’s question.
- Fix grammar, spelling, punctuation and factual errors.
The editor will work between 20 and 40 hours each week.
Compensation: to be discussed with qualified candidates.