The Writer/Editor will work with the Communications team as part of the Feed the Future Knowledge-Driven Agricultural Development (KDAD) project to raise the profile and advance the learning and knowledge sharing objectives across various USAID programs and initiatives. The Writer/Editor will work on an as-needed basis to help manage the writing, editing, and production of various knowledge management products that further the strategic goals of project clients. KDAD is a five year USAID contract ending September 30, 2018.
The Writer/Editor will work closely with the communications team to support external clients, including: the Bureau for Food Security, Feed the Future, the office of Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment and the office of Private Capital and Microenterprise.
Sample assignments include:
- Writing and editing program/project reports for various clients. This may include brief documents of under 10 pages to more expansive work of 70 pages or more.
- Developing background documents and toolkits to support client communication activities – social media toolkits for USAID missions, talking point and promotional messages.
- Producing fact sheets, project overviews and topic summaries.
- Developing case studies and success stories.
- Identifying and updating key statistics in specified areas to support and make the case for development initiatives.
- Creating and editing blog posts, PowerPoint presentations, video scripts and web pages.
- Participating in development of training materials and how-to documents.
- Working with technical experts and other staff to write, edit, and prepare content for various media including printed reports, web pages, web articles, digital stories, etc.
The right candidate will be a team player, with strong interpersonal skills, excellent communications skills (both verbal and written), the ability to work independently, and ability to juggle multiple priorities and competing deadlines.