ICF (est. 1969), a global consulting provider working at the vanguard of today’s global health issues, is hiring a Freelance On-Call Editor to assist the Health, Research, and Information Technology division.
The Editor will work directly with staff members to help with technical editing across a broad spectrum of subject matter.
- Professionally edit documents to ensure uniformity in style, voice, word usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and reference citation format.
- Deliver excellent customer service, communicate effectively with clients, and fulfill project deadlines.
- Adhere closely to ICF’s house style and client style guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required; specialization in communications, English, journalism, or related field desired.
- A background in public health, health and survey research, and health information technology is strongly preferred.
- Well-versed with different reference formats, including APA, Chicago, and AMA styles.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a professional editor.
- Must have experience using standard editing/proofreading marks.
- An expert at using Adobe PDF and MS Office, especially MS Word’s Track Changes and comments functions.
- Work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet all deadlines.
This is a remote, work-from-home position. The candidate should be able to work evenings and weekends (EST time zone preferred) as needed during regular business hours.
Compensation: based on experience and to be discussed with qualified candidates.