The Content Writer’s responsibilities include creating, editing, and revising proposal text that is used to secure new business. The Content Writer reads RFPs/evaluation criteria, comprehends customers’ needs, and creates original responses and/or modifies existing content to present persuasive and customized technical narratives that accurately describe HMH’s PreK-12 core and intervention programs. The Content Writer is expected to maintain an in-depth knowledge of HMH’s core and intervention programs via independent research and collaborative relationships with the Product Planning, Development, and Marketing group. This position also includes key responsibilities for reposing content that is used for multiple purposes.
- Reviews and identifies critical criteria in RFPs, bids, and rubrics; identifies and/or creates technical content; and positions it appropriately in customer-centered narrative responses. Ensures accuracy of all products and desktop publishing of proposal narrative and ancillary material (e.g. tables, charts, graphics, etc.)
- Compares customers’ needs with HMH’s PreK-12 core and intervention programs (print and digital), participates in Bid/No Bid discussions, and offers insight and recommendations based on experience and knowledge
- Collaborates with the Product Planning, Development, and Marketing team while researching HMH’s core and intervention programs (launched and pipeline programs)
- Edits and revises written pieces submitted by others
- Assists Manager, Content Quality with the development and entry of content into Qvidian system; share ideas for the effective use of the system
- Participates in multiple types of training to maintain knowledge
This position is available to Work From Home and can be located anywhere in the United States.