We are currently seeking a creative Technical Copywriter – Freelance/Part-Time with a passion for words and who gets excited about writing technical related copy in the web industry including knowledgebase articles, guides, etc. The successful candidate will research and understand the subject matter, manage multiple projects simultaneously, have excellent attention to detail and use his/her copy writing skills.
- Research, write and edit technical content such as emails, knowledgebase articles, guides and blog posts that will assist our customers
- Develop material to help our customers with onboarding with their website, email and applications
- Research and write technical related content includes knowledge base articles and support material on a wide range of topics including web hosting, email, wordpress, joomla, drupal, design tools, seo etc.
- Work directly with our customer care team to determine what content will be most helpful to customers
- Write from a user’s perspective in a category and topic-based structure
- Work with our Content Marketing Manager to ensure a unified content marketing voice and user experience
- Keep up-to-date with popular trends in websites, email, applications in the web hosting industry
- University degree or college diploma in Marketing, Advertising, and/or Communications
- Minimum 3 years experience writing technical related copy such as support articles, blog posts, etc. (please submit two written samples with your application)
- Experience in writing support articles or material for technical related topics.
- Understanding of web hosting and related services such as control panels, email programs, servers, content management systems, etc.
- Basic understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) principles
- Strong writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Organized, detail-oriented, and committed to deadlines, but flexible in a changing environment
- Proven team player, willing to change and rework material on short notice
- Ability to convey technical material in a clear, concise and simple manner for a non-technical audience
- Strong research skills. Ability to go out and find information
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple ongoing projects with varying deadlines. A must.