Scribie.com (est. 2008), a provider of high-quality and reliable transcription services, routinely recruits Freelance Transcribers to service a wide range of national and international clients who need audio files transcribed into written words.
Scribie uses its own technology and backend platform where clients can upload their audio files and freelancers can work on transcribing them. The work consists of listening to the audio files and typing or dictating the audio as accurately as possible. Projects typically include transcribing audio recordings, phone interviews, webinars, podcasts, videos, and more.
The process of transcribing works like this:
- Review audio transcripts for correctness.
- Confirm the transcript matches the audio.
- Render the spoken audio and find contextual mistakes.
- Correctly identify each speaker in the transcript and label them.
- Fix spelling, punctuation, grammatical mistakes in the transcript.
The ideal transcriber is competent in both spoken and written English, and has remarkable discernment of American/British/Australian/Indian accents.
Compensation: from $5 to $20/audio hour pay rate, USD. Payments are deposited once a day.
Because everything is done via the Internet, transcribers can set their own hours and work as much or as little as they want from the comfort of their home.