Hive Media (est. 2015) is looking for Freelance Writers to create hyper-social content-driven slideshows to engage millions of readers who visit its lifestyle and entertainment web properties.
The digital publisher needs freelance writers to cover both emerging and buzzworthy news in entertainment, pop culture, and celebrity gossip for Idolator.com, Buzznet.com, Purevolume.com, and/or Trend-Chaser.com.
- Cover bawdy, intriguing, and indelicate topics in the areas of news, politics, and entertainment.
- Produce 3-5 content-driven slideshow articles per week. (Each slideshow is 20 pages long, 100 words per page, and has one premium image per page.)
- String together 20 images, plus captivating headlines and captions (100 words), to create a logical and stimulating story experience for readers.
- Source your own relevant, newsworthy images.
- Upload images and content to the company’s content management system.
- Two years of freelance writing or digital content writing experience.
- Experience writing newsworthy, buzzworthy, and click-worthy content.
- Can locate, procure, and crop relevant images.
Contract writers will be expected to complete three assigned slideshow articles weekly, each with a deadline.
Compensation: to be discussed with qualified writers.