We create custom eLearning and classroom training for our clients. We simulate the job environment and then learners get to play the “game” of doing their job. By making choices and then seeing the results of their choices they develop their skills. Interactivity is key to our design philosophy. Not passive lectures, or reading, or videos. If learners aren’t actively participating (which includes making mistakes and experiencing the consequences) they aren’t going to get better at their jobs.
What’s The Job?
This can vary, as do the projects, but here are some common tasks:
– Designing interactive simulations
– Writing content (scenarios, introductions, dialogue, etc.)
– Reading and synthesizing source material quickly
– QC reviews of courses in development (finding the spelling and grammar errors, which buttons don’t work, etc.)
– Selecting images to use in courses
This is a contract position, so the amount of work per week will fluctuate somewhat. However, we anticipate that this position will average 35-40 hours a week once the person is trained. In fact, we’re only interested in contractors who want to work at least 35 hours a week on average. If you’re looking for a half-time contracting position then this would not be a good fit.
We pay folks in this position $25/hr. We’d consider going slightly higher than that if someone was especially skilled and/or experienced.