Graphic World, a premier publishing vendor, is on the hunt for freelance copyeditors for nursing/medical/health science journals. We have over 35 very active medical journals that follow AMA style strictly (along with an individual journal’s style), so we need copy editors who are reliable, experienced, consistent, and flexible.
Journal schedules will vary, but most projects require editing of 200-250 ms pages per week (at a speed of 10 ms pages per hour).
Your main responsibilities would include:
- Correcting all spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
- Editing content to match AMA style (as well as the journal specific style).
- Ensuring consistency in word style throughout.
- Cross-checking all table, figure, and box citations against the actual tables, figures, and boxes.
- Ensuring all references are cited in text and match journal style.