GitHub.com is looking for a writer to help create user assistance content for GitHub Help.
This writer will report to the Product Documentation Team Manager and work cooperatively with the Documentation team to produce task-based, user-facing help content about the power of GitHub products and tools, tailored to a range of audiences.
If you’re a patient, compassionate writer who loves crafting excellent prose to help people use software, we really want to hear from you!
- Collaborate with the Documentation team on planning and developing user assistance content for GitHub products and tools, including (but not limited to) GitHub.com, GitHub Pages, and GitHub Enterprise.
- Cooperatively review and edit drafts of user assistance content with other writers on the team.
- Communicate with Support, Product, and Engineering teams about the user feedback, product changes, and technical product information that inform our documentation.
- Ability to create high-quality, long-form user assistance content for software products.
- Strong user advocate, especially for those new to a product or website.
- Ability to compassionately give and receive editorial critique.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team. (The Documentation team is currently entirely distributed.)
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and carry out complex writing projects with high attention to detail along the way.