Geopolitical Futures, a new media company that analyzes and forecasts world events that impact the future, is looking for a hard-working Freelance Editor/Copy Editor to help with its online publication.
This job is ideal for an experienced copy editor who can work collaboratively with analysts, graphic designers and other editors to help produce timely, engaging analyses of many world events, including economic, political, defense and energy trends. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented and fluent enough to edit long-form editorial pieces, short briefs, and everything in between.
Other responsibilities include: copy editing marketing collateral and social media posts, creating documents for publishing, and uploading content to the company’s website.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Political Science, International Relations, or similar field
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong grasp of the English language, grammar, and AP Style
- Deadline-driven in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for international affairs and geopolitics
- Experience working in WordPress
- Experience working in MailChimp (or a similar email platform).
Because staff members work worldwide, the successful candidate will work remotely from home. Candidate must be flexible to work certain days, primarily Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, not to exceed 29 hours weekly.
Compensation: based on experience.