Genius is searching for a Freelance Weekend Social Editor to create content for our Twitter and Facebook accounts on Saturdays and Sundays (expect to work six to ten hours a weekend). We’re looking for the type of music obsessive who knows there’s a hyphen in Wu-Tang Clan but also knows which way an apostrophe should be facing when referring to 1989 as ’89.
Genius began as a website for decoding rap lyrics and has since evolved into the Internet’s most comprehensive database of musical knowledge, with more than 100 million monthly unique visitors and tens of thousands of contributing users.
- Coordinating with our weekend news writer
- Writing roughly 30-35 posts on our Facebook page per day
- Writing roughly 30-35 posts on our Twitter account per day
- Posts would include: Promoting new editorial posts and videos from Genius, scheduling the resocializing of older Genius content, and live coverage of new releases and events like award shows, broadcasts, festivals, etc.
- 1 year experience running a social account
- Attention to detail
- Fluent in the culture of social media
- Deep knowledge in and passion for a wide variety of music genres, particularly pop music and hip-hop
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- A Genius account and active participation in the knowledge project (if you don’t already have one, sign up!)