Ziff Davis Media’s Geek.com (est. 1996), a popular technology news site revering the geek lifestyle, is employing a Freelance Technology Writer to blog about the intersection of pop culture and technology with a splendidly eccentric Geek-influence. The writer will be writing about cyborgs, drones, smartwear, video game rages, surprising discoveries about 1990s animes, experimental internet music, etc.
On a daily basis the writer will develop 3-5 engaging posts in the form of concise news items and long-form feature articles. A conversational writing style with humor is needed. The editors will assign stories to the writer, but also require the writer to pitch his or her own topics.
- Experience writing about geek lifestyle and technology.
- An appreciation of wit, playfulness, and humor is a MUST. Geek culture is compelling and comical. You need to convey that.
- Extensive knowledge of the geek culture scene. You can spot both developing and hyper-social stories.
- Ability to edit and proofread your own work with minimal editorial supervision.
- Familiar with using WordPress, HTML, editing images, and writing brilliant headlines.
Payment: to be discussed with the employed writer.