We are currently hiring professional part time freelance editors with significant experience completing standard copyedits, complex copyedits (for authors who are ESL), content/substantive edits, proofreads, as well as editorial evaluations / book reviews / critiques. You are a detail oriented generalist, comfortable moving between all genres and subject matter. Not much gets past you! Most importantly, you thrive in a position that affords you the privilege to work with authors of varying levels of writing experience as their guide and mentor. You consider yourself a constructive, encouraging, but honest and firm coach that can translate your experience into actionable and manageable steps.
Please note that we are looking for specific credentials or experience that support your application as a “professional editor”. Please ensure you can confidently check off a few of the below requirements, before submitting your application package:
- You have completed an editing certificate i.e. Simon Fraser Editing Certificate;
- You possess professional credentials;
- You have completed a number of stand alone editing courses;
- You belong to a recognized editing association;
- You have a lifelong learning plan in place, or a mentor, that constantly challenges you to learn and improve your skills;
- You picked up your trade, working in the trade! You have significant editing specific work experience that has allowed you to cement skills that would rival any program or certificate you could complete at this point.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this position, please email your cover letter, resume and a link to your editing portfolio no later than May 7, 2017.