Freelance Writers can find ongoing writing work with Write.com (est. 2012), a leading provider of content creation solutions to help businesses of all sizes build their brands.
Write.com only recruits writers who specialize in specific subject areas (instead of writers who are generalists) to develop meaningful, authoritative, and informative content for clients. Currently, the company outsources work to 1,700 subject-matter experts who write content across 16 categories and 460 sub-categories.
Write.com gives approved writers access to its backend platform where they can view open orders, accept assignments, and submit finished work. Write.com also handles the rates, billing, and payment.
Clients often submit assignments for:
- Topical Articles: unique, premium content on a wide range of subject-specific topics.
- Product Descriptions: concise, engaging descriptions to help merchants sell more products.
- FAQ Articles: a thorough summary of frequently asked questions about products, people and places.
- How-To Articles: insightful, purpose-driven information with step-by-step instructions.
- Blog Posts: creative, catchy, and shareworthy posts to help businesses promote their brands.
In addition to writers, Write.com also recruits Freelance Editors to review work that writers submit for final approval.
Compensation: varies based on the type of assignment, the experience of the writer, and the quality and quantity of work.
This is a work-from-home role. Writers can set their own schedule and choose assignments that interest them.