We are the only website created for teachers by teachers and we’re always on a quest to give a voice to our fellow teachers.
We are looking for enthusiastic teacher-writers to join our editorial team as a contributor to The Educator’s Room. You will work closely with the editor-in-chief and other teachers to research, write and discuss topics in education.
As a contributor, you should be able to perform thorough research on various topics and have a keen eye for detail.
Ultimately, you should be able to deliver good quality content like news posts, reviews, and features all about education.
- Perform research on different topics in education- especially about topics of things happening in your classroom, school, or district.
- Use personal experience to write a story about what really happens in education.
- Uncover newsworthy stories by using your experience in education.
- Write content with teacher’s needs in mind
- Ensure your pieces are told in the viewpoint of a teacher
- Contribute to content idea generation for publication
- Stay up-to-date with local, national and international education affairs
- Proven work experience as a certificated teacher, principal, or counselor from grades PreK-16.
- Be willing to submit at least one article per week.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search and databases)
- Excellent writing skills in English
- The ability to write honestly about what happens in a classroom using experience or research to support what you are writing.
- Good observation skills about the “hot button” topics in education and write about them in real time.