Presence (est. 2012), a technology company that helps universities and colleges increase and retain students via mobile and web solutions, is looking for Freelance Writers to contribute content to its blog at http://www.presence.io/blog/
This gig is ideal for writers who can write on a broad range of topics related to the higher education and student affairs industry.
Recent blog posts have covered:
- How Your Housing Office Can Support First Gen Students
- Incorporating the Start-Up Approach in Student Affairs
- The Ultimate Guide to Civic Engagement on Campus
- How Secret Shopping Can Improve Your Student Services
- How We Can Better Support Our Student Veterans
Each writer is expected to submit 1-3 blog posts monthly.
Additionally, writers should know about:
- the student affairs industry;
- SEO best practices;
- AP style;
and how to:
- research the industry to drum up topic ideas;
- build a great story for readers;
- repurpose topics with a new engaging angle; and
- meet all first and final draft deadlines.
Writers can work remotely from home.
Compensation: paid per article or blog post.APPLY TO JOB
To apply, go to http://www.presence.io/company/careers/#open-positions and scroll down to the the job that says, Content Contributor (Contract) and click on ‘View.’ Writers will need to submit a resume and three relevant articles.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at www.Online-Writing-Jobs.com.