SLA Worldwide is currently accepting writer submissions from knowledgeable and seasoned journalists for the NEW National HBCU RESEARCH Magazine. We’re looking to hire seasoned staff writers capable of quick turn-around.
HBCU RESEARCH is the premier magazine dedicated to highlighting the innovative research, scientist, and students in the HBCU community. Written in an informative and engaging format, the magazine is designed to help facilitate collaborations between academia, government, industry and the community.
- Bachelor’s degree. 4+ years of writing experience
- Writers with special interest(s) in science, engineering, chemistry and other research topics, are prefered
- Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing and visual communication skills
- Strong content management system experience on desktop web, mobile web, and mobile.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment making independent decisions.
- Proven experience for developing audiences across web, mobile web, social accounts, through SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Strong understanding of mobile, apps, and social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Experience in a video-led operation a plus.
We are seeking writers who can provide stories and articles that are creative, innovative, and newsworthy.