MSP-C is looking for freelance writers with experience writing compelling case studies for B2B technology clients. The stories we need are high level and have the feel of a lifestyle article. They should focus on a customer’s business challenges and explain how the client’s technology helped the customer achieve positive business outcomes. Writing case studies for this B2B technology client includes 6 steps:
- A half hour pre-call with the client account team.
- An hour-long phone interview with a customer and several client contacts.
- A follow-up phone call with a client contact to ensure the writer understands the major points and themes of the story. Sometimes an outline is substituted for the follow-up call.
- Story development/writing of a 700-word case study.
- Editorial review by MSP-C with possible rewrites.
- Editorial review by the client with possible rewrites.
In addition to stellar writing skills, the writer also needs to possess great client-facing skills as well as be able to conduct engaging interviews.