Leading online dictionary and grammar resource YourDictionary.com is seeking freelance writers to create accessible and informative articles on writing and grammar. YourDictionary.com is part of LoveToKnow, a growing media company committed to providing in-depth online resources. We pride ourselves on offering quality content written with an authoritative voice and conversational tone.
Assignments can include any of the following: updating and revising existing content, fact checking and/or reviewing content for accuracy, and creating new articles. Writers are responsible for ensuring each article published meets our specific writing guidelines and the needs of the reader.
As all work will be done from home you must be able to work independently with minimal direction and organize your time efficiently. You will need a computer with a fast internet connection.
Writers are paid per each approved article. Article assignments vary and pay is based on the complexity of the work involved; rates generally range from $35 to $85 per article.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years professional writing experience, ideally online
- Comprehensive knowledge of proper grammar and punctuation usage
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with online content management systems and tools
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with great organizational skills
- Ability to follow style guides, brand guidelines and voice standards