Freelance Writers are needed to write for the Digest, a new online magazine produced by The Farmer’s Dog. The company is a direct-to-consumer pet health brand that ships healthy, freshly-prepared dog food on a scheduled basis to consumers.
The Farmer’s Dog needs capable freelance writers to write insightful posts and feature articles on dog nutrition, health, and wellness. This job is ideal for writers who can write creatively, share their love for dogs and pet health, and can engage readers with strong storytelling.
- A degree in English/Journalism or at least 1-2 years of professional writing experience
- Strong editing and writing skills
- An enthusiasm for health/wellness, food, and dogs
- Pitch relevant topics and write a variety of feature articles and posts each week
- Identify timely trends and emerging stories in the commercial pet food space
- Learn about the impact real food has on health
- Provide new and inventive approaches to storytelling and educating readers
- Meet all deadlines
The company is forming a team of regular contributors and prefers to work with full-time freelancers. Writers can work remotely from home or at the company’s Brooklyn office.
Compensation: to be discussed with qualified candidates.