A well-informed Freelance Writer is needed cover pop culture news for CinemaBlend.com (est. 2003), a popular website dispensing emerging and viral news in entertainment and pop culture. The site is read by more than 24 million visitors monthly.
This position is ideal for an entry-level writer who can identify and track in-demand topics and write knowledgeably on a broad range of entertainment and pop culture, including past and upcoming movie releases, TV shows, books, celebrity gossip, music, etc.
About this position:
- Report on a multitude of topics and trends within the domain of pop culture, including some (occasionally weird) viral news and ample celebrity gossip.
- This is a news-writing position.
- A journalism degree is not required, but having some writing experience is. The editors want to see published articles from an online news outlet, ideally pertaining to pop culture.
- Must complete assignments on time and submit clean, polished content.
- Must reside in the U.S. and be over 18 years old to apply.
The writer will provide 3-4 news articles daily, preferably working afternoons, Monday through Friday. CinemaBlend needs at least 65 articles each month.
Compensation: paid per article. The amount will be discussed with hired writer(s).