A Freelance Writer is needed to write short news stories for WesternJournalism.com, a popular online news hub that disseminates important news stories commonly neglected by mainstream media.
The editorial staff needs a smart writer to cover culture, politics, and current events for a socially-active audience of autonomous and conservative readers.
The primary role of this position is to create nonpartisan news content and articulate a specific topic in a coherent, concise writing style.
- The writer will receive assigned topics on which to write. (Headlines are pre-written and sources to link to are already chosen by the editorial staff.)
- Write articles, 250-400 words in length, discussing an important news story.
- Research and analyze topics and events as delegated by the editorial team.
- Cover current events occurring in US elections, local and global events, and pertinent trends as required.
- Create arguments to support truth in ethical and faithful news reporting.
- Fact-check reports, information, evidence, and other details to uphold assertions in reporting.
- Receive suggestions from the editorial team and implement new insights into writing for a forward-thinking readership.
- Must be familiar with Associated Press style.
Payment: $15 per short news story, renegotiated after three months. (Writers spend 30-60 minutes completing a news story)