The Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence and the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence are seeking a freelance writer to draft letters to the editor, op-eds, and feature-length pieces. This position will report directly to the Executive Editor and will primarily draft pieces for experts on staff (without a byline).
This is a contract position and will pay by the word. However, we do require that applicants respond promptly to requests and produce pieces in a timely manner. The workload for this position will vary considerably. Sometimes you will be asked to draft two pieces in one week; during slower periods, you may only be contacted once a month.
The ideal applicant will:
- Have at least two years of experience as a professional writer and/or editor
- Have the ability to learn our organization’s language and writing style
- Have an interest in gun violence prevention
- Have an eye for detail and mastery of grammar and syntax
- Have a flexible schedule that can accommodate our fluctuating needs